STL Forex Webinar Series
29th May 2020 | 2PM - 3PM
How to use Fundamentals to Trade energy commodities such as Natural Gas & Oil
Presentation by Brynne Kelly
Brynne Kelly is the founder of The Fundamental Angle, an analysis and consulting company that leverages her 25+ years in the Energy Industry. She has served in leadership roles on Merchant trading desks for some of the world’s leading energy conglomerates managing large portfolios ranging from $100 million to over $1 billion. In addition, she has managed portfolios for large hedge funds and unregulated subsidiaries of large electric utilities and designed software applications for a leading ETRM software provider. She is passionate about understanding markets and what influences them. Her background makes her a natural fundamental trader due to her deep-seated experience in the Merchant Energy Business”.
Key discussion points:
- Lessons learned from having a head-start of trading experience at Merchant Trading Desks.
- Evaluation of oil and gas companies viability to express trading ideas.
- Volatility spikes and impact on natural gas and crude oil.
- Identifying fundamental drivers or factors to trading energies. Case example of a practical approach illustration that signaled an impending decrease in oil prices prior to the WTI price drop in April, 2020.
- Trading Insights from Brynne Kelly.